Friday, February 6, 2009

Aaliyah's First Dance Performance

About a month ago we signed Aaliyah up for dance class. At home one of her favorite things to do is to dress-up and dance to music, so I started thinking she would love taking dance. Sure enough she does, in fact almost everyday she asks me if we are going to dance class today. Last Tuesday was her first performance. They performed at the South Summit High Girls Basketball Game and it was so cute watching these little 3 and 4 year olds out there dancing!
Here's the group. Aren't they adorable!

When they first started dancing Aaliyah was a little nervous. She ended up hiding behind one of the other little girl's shoulder until she got a little more comfortable. I don't think she quite realized what it meant to perform in front of people. Once she was comfortable she got into it and she even told me she wanted to do it again.

3 comments:

Kathie said...

That is so cute! The first time Emma performed was at the Festival of trees and all she did was turn her back to the audience and cover her face with her poms--so all we could see was her butt :)

jacey said...

These pics are so cute and I was able to find Aaliyah so quickly because of her blonde hair. :)I'm hoping Amelia will like to play dress up soon.

Sarah said...

I love it - what a doll!