So I have to admit I am a total Twilight series fanatic! I have never got so involved in a book! Which surprises me because my favorite books usually have some kind of meaningful life lesson in them and these ones are purely entertainment. Stephanie Meyer writes in a way that really gets you connected with the characters and makes it really hard to put the books down! So when the movie came out, even though I had low expectations for it, I had to go see it. I went and saw it Friday night with some of my friends and actually ended up liking it. It of coarse is not as good as the book, but what movie ever is. The biggest reason I thought I was going to be disappointed with the movie is because of the Edward they chose to cast. He just wasn't the Edward I imagined in the book. Especially if you have seen the picture that Stephenie Meyer had put on her website of the way she had originally imagined Edward. She took the picture off her website once they decided to make the movie, but here's a link to the picture if you want to see it.
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.stephaniepiro.com/henry%2520cavill%2520low%2520res.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.stephaniepiro.com/stephenie_meyer__tribute_page.htm&h=288&w=286&sz=41&hl=en&start=11&um=1&tbnid=4sT_Vsdaw9EYGM:&tbnh=115&tbnw=114&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhenry%2Bcavill%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX
The picture is on the very top of the web site and you can click on it to enlarge it.
I do have to say the Edward in the movie did grow on me and I thought he played the role well. The rest of the cast, for the most part, I ended up liking also. I do wish that they would have shown that Edward does have a humorous side to him and that he isn't always so intense all of the time and not made it look like Bella and him fell in love over night, but I guess they only have so much time to fit it all in. All in all the movie turned out better than I thought it would, but if you haven't read the books yet reed them before you go and see the movie!
3 comments:
Good point! I did like the movie better than I thought I would. We really need to plan a play date soon!
I liked it too because I, too, went in with very low expectaions. I liked the books too, but I think I would have liked them even more if I read them when I was a teen,because I kept thinking "stupid girl how can you do that to your parents" I know I'm old--and a mother:)
I totally pictured Edward like that link you posted rather than the current Edward. But he does grow on you. And you're right, they needed more development of the characters and story in the movie. They knew the movie would do well, why didn't they just add 15 more minutes?
Post a Comment